There are several ways to support the club that go beyond membership!
The first is to make a direct tax deductible donation to the club online through Purdue Giving’s secure website. If you would like to support the club in this fashion, please follow these directions:
1. Visit this website and enter in your payment information: https://donate.purdue.edu/DesignateGift.aspx
2. In the drop-down box, select ‘Other – specify in comments’
3. Write ‘Intercollegiate Polo Club #1577’ in the comments box
The second is to download an Internet search bar. With every click on a sponsored link, Benefit Bar will donate 10 cents to the club. To download the search bar, please visit: http://www.benefitbar.com/benefitbar/subscribe/toolbar.php?toolbarId=10882.
We are also always in need for horse related donations. Below is a list of some of the equipment (new or used) that we can accept – these donations are also tax deductible:
– Turnout Blankets
– Bits (snaffles, pelhams, gags)
– Standing martingales/ Tie-downs
– Draw Reins
– Indoor balls (size 1 soccer balls)
– Polo whips
– Polo wraps
– Horse boots and bell boots
In addition, we are looking for polo ponies to lease over the winter. If you have anything at all that you would like to donate, please contact the polo club’s current executive board. All donations are tax deductible.
There are many people in Lafayette and the surrounding communities that have made it possible for us to have a polo club here at Purdue. Hopefully, this page will show a small token of our appreciation for all their help. For everyone who has helped us in some way by being a former member, donating a horse or equipment, allowing us to do publicity events, or just plain putting up with us, THANK YOU. We love this sport, and without the understanding of the people around us, this club would have long ago dispersed. Here is list of some wonderful people and why they are appreciated:
– Foxton Farm: For hosting the club and providing a facility for us to teach the sport of polo to Purdue students
– Dr. Mark Russell: Our advisor – thank you for your insight and support
– Purdue University: For supporting us as a student organization
– Adam Kaminski, Sam Suhail, and the Barrington Hills Polo Club: For leasing polo ponies to the club for the 2011-12 season
– Jeff Hensel: For acting as the club’s sponsorship and advertising consultant